The Blockchain Solution for the Global Dental Industry.
Dentacoin is the first Blockchain solution, specifically designed to serve the needs of the global dental industry. Numerous software solutions (tools) and a custom cryptocurrency (Dentacoin, DCN) serve the mission of Dentacoin: to improve global dental care and make it affordable through establishing dynamic, mutually beneficial trust relations between dentists, patients, suppliers and all other market participants. Apart from more than 4000 dentists and 35 000 individuals that are registered on the Dentacoin tools, dental practices in 13 countries have additionally started accepting payments in DCN in exchange for dental services!
Frequently Asked Questions
A cryptocurrency (or cryptocurrency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange that uses strong cryptography to secure financial transactions, control the creation of additional units, and verify the transfer of assets. It is designed in such a way, that everyone with an internet access can participate.
It is an online platform where you can exchange one cryptocurrency for another cryptocurrency or fiat currency ( Dollar, Euros, etc… ).
It is very similar to what a physical exchange is – you have one type of currency and change it to another.
Dentacoin is the first blockchain solution, specifically designed to serve the needs of the global dental industry. The inherent high level of fragmentation and low degree of industrialization make dentistry an ideal use case for an integral Blockchain-based platform solution – such as Dentacoin – to be applied. It aims at improving dental care and making it affordable through bringing all market participants within the industry into co-working communities and utilizing the blockchain technology advantages. Through numerous smart Blockchain – based solutions and a common industry -specific currency, all market participants are seamlessly connected, able to efficiently cooperate with each other and to generate personal and mutual benefits.
For more details about the project, please visit www.dentacoin.com
Dentacoin Platform provides numerous Blockchain-based tools which serve its mission and have the currency (Dentacoin, DCN) embedded in a sophisticated reward system. More concretely:
|Trusted Reviews – The first Blockchain-based platform for trusted, detailed and rewarded dental treatment reviews. It allows patients to raise their voice and make an impact, while simultaneously form valuable feedback for dentists to improve upon.|
Dentacare – An interactive mobile app to assist people in developing long-lasting oral hygiene habits (in both children and adults). It guides users through a 3-month program of basic oral hygiene routines, reminders, recommendations and rewards good results.
DentaVox – A WebApp for collective customer wisdom, which gathers users’ opinions on dental health-related topics and rewards participation. Simultaneously it serves as an up-to-date market research platform for dentists and other stakeholders within the industry.
One of the next most important milestones for Dentacoin is called Dentacoin Assurance. This is a dental insurance-like model where patients no longer pay for treatments, but for prevention. It aims to further strengthen the patient-dentist relation by offering patients the chance for lifelong, full-covered dental care against very low, monthly rates, paid in DCN while simultaneously guaranteeing stable monthly income to dentists.
Dentacoin can be received in two ways:
1. As a reward through its tools:
2. Through purchasing it on our website or on exchange platforms:
Dentacoin can be bought via credit/debit card on our website, as well as exchanged against over 100 other altcoins: https://dentacoin.com/changelly/
Dentacoin is listed on the following platforms: HitBTC, Cryptopia, Coinexchange, Mercatox, IDEX, CoinFalcon, BuyUcoin, UPcoin, Godex.
Nobody could really answer this question; that would be prophecy. We can only provide potential supporters with serious calculations such as these of the fundamental price of Dentacoin (it can be found in our Whitepaper, chapter Fundamental price, p. 24).
Dentacoin’s highly efficient, secure and automated software solutions are designed to support each dental practitioner into building a successful patient-driven dental practice, regardless of location, capacity, budget, experience, reputation. The need of creating a loyal patient community around each dental practice, that is highly engaged with all the processes, that constantly contributes with feedback and ideas, is a mutual need of dentists all over the world. It is an unarguable fact the future of all service industries like dentistry is all about creating communities. All modern companies have already realized the essential importance of seeking constant customer feedback, bringing customer intelligence into all business processes and creating a loyal community around their business. This is the most important asset for every service provider with a long-term orientation. Dentacoin provides the infrastructure for that. Moving to a patient-driven strategy then leads to a powerful positive word-of-mouth effect, increases the referral rates and thus significantly lowers the costs for patient acquisition and retention. Those effects are reported by one of our first partner clinics – F3T Dental Clinic, London (read more here). Moreover, Dentacoin provides financial benefits to the dental practices in the network. Along with lowering the marketing costs, dentists can benefit from the potential value increase of the currency.
When becoming a partner of Dentacoin, we will also support you in gaining awareness about your practice. Your promotional benefits include:
- Promotion via all Dentacoin marketing channels including social media and email database which accumulates to over 100 000 people;
- Complimentary Press Release, sent to 2000+ journalists;
- Sponsored Facebook posts in your region about our partnership;
- Your logo added to our Dentacoin Partner Network map on our website;
- Partner badge on the Trusted Review Platform;
- Exclusive access to our newest tools and with an exclusive opportunity to test them out and give us your feedback;
- Access to information brochures, videos which you can present to your patients;
- Support for the implementation of our tools (helping you create your wallet, register on Trusted Reviews, Dentacare and DentaVox).
- Training of your staff members if needed.
Implementing Dentacoin at your practice is an easy process and doesn’t require any specific competence or additional extra minute from your valuable time!
If you want to implement Dentacoin in your dental practice or laboratory, all you need to do is visit www.dentists.dentacoin.com and click on “Join our network” to send us your request.
Then you just need to follow 3 simple steps:
1) Start accepting Dentacoin (DCN) as a payment method at your clinic.
2) Put our logo and a banner that you accept DCN on your website.
3) Register on Dentacoin Trusted Reviews: www.reviews.dentacoin.com.
Our advisory team will be monitoring this process in order to make it very simple
- Register on Dentacoin Trusted Reviews: www.reviews.dentacoin.com and connect your profile to Mobident!
- When asked for it, please enter your wallet address – this is where your reward in Dentacoin (DCN) cryptocurrency will be transferred.
- Accept Dentacoin as a payment method for your services.
- Submit a proof of purchase (paid invoice) plus a scanned copy of your dentist certificate.
Crypto wallets are a way to access, store, send, receive and track digital currency holdings whether it is Dentacoin, Ethereum, Civic, Bitcoin, etc.
Cryptocurrency wallets are like the leather wallets which you use for carrying cash and credit cards, the only difference is that the crypto wallet can hold hundreds of digital currencies with an additional option of keep tracking details such as when, where and how much you spent, added or withdrew.
How does it work ?
Cryptocurrency wallets is like the safe box you use at home to store your jewelry or very important documents. Losing the key of the safe box, means that you have lost your ownership for your valuables if it end up in the wrong hands. Cryptocurrency wallet work pretty much the same. Instead of the physical key, you are to save your digital key.
This digital key is known as “Private Key“ or “Master Key “ which takes the form of hexadecimal codes, similar to:
Important ! The private key is the most important data for accessing your wallet. If you lose it, there is no way it could be restored. EVER. Therefore, you should take the appropriate steps to secure it such writing it, print it on paper, type it as a document or convert it to an image or even memorized !
How to create the wallet ?
All crypto wallets works almost the same. As an example, we have attached a tutorial on how to create wallet on Jaxx.
After signing in, every wallet will display a learning tutorial on how to create the wallet. Please don’t miss to check their FAQ page.
To send or receive cryptocurrency, first you need a cryptocurrency wallet, then you need to put in the public address of the sender and recipient.
The process of sending and receiving cryptocurrencies like Dentacoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin, etc, can differ slightly between wallets ( as each coin has its own set of wallet options in which that cryptocurrency can be stored):
- Log into your wallet.
- Go to the send / receive screen (by clicking the tab or button that says this or shows the proper icon).
- Choose whether you want to send or receive cryptocurrency.
TIP: In general you must only send and receive like-coins. Meaning, you can only send/receive Bitcoin-to-Bitcoin, Litecoin-to-Litecoin, etc. (you can’t, for example, send Bitcoin to an Ethereum wallet).
- For sending:
Enter the public wallet address of the recipient and choose the amount to send (make sure to account for transaction fees; you’ll need enough coins in your wallet to pay the fee). After you confirm the numbers, triple checking them to avoid silly mistakes then hit “send transaction” (or the equivalent) and verify the transaction one last time (confirming your public address and their public address is correct).
TIP: you can write a note with your transaction to let the recipient know what transaction is for.
- For receiving:
You don’t have to do anything except share your public wallet address with the sender. If you are in person, you can do this by letting them scan a QR code (if your wallet offers that).
If you are still uncertain, just look up the FAQ for the wallet you are using to verify you have the steps down. Check out the video below for more.
TIP: You can use a platform like Changelly or Shapeshift to turn one type of cryptocurrency into another. That can be helpful if you have Dentacoin, but want to do a transaction in another coin.
TIP: A wallet’s public address (or “public key”) looks like this: DCN Wallet: 0xf902fd8B2AEE76AE81bBA106d667cCF368C2f9A1… Private keys look different.
You should NEVER share your private key, but as you can tell from our share above, sharing your public wallet address is not a problem. So again, do share the public address that looks like that (the worst that can happen is someone puts coins in it), but NEVER share your private key or password (as that is like handing a stranger your wallet).
You can follow the same above stated steps to send Cryptocurrency from and exchange platform to your wallet or vice versa.
Please follow the FAQ section of the exchange platform you intend to trade on. You will find the necessary information there.
Here is a brief list of large exchanges that do support the conversion to fiat:
Cryptocurrency exchanges are the most popular method of exchanging cryptocurrencies into Fiat at this time. While most impose certain limitations on how much you can exchange without a verification, they represent a great choice for those who are just starting out and not withdrawing large amounts. The process is fairly simple, even for novice users.
Once you have created an account, you will have to link it with either a debit/credit card or a bank account. Afterwards, simply deposit how much DCN you’d like to exchange from your address, choose the currency of choice, and click on exchange. The process can take anywhere between a few minutes to a couple of days, depending on the exchange that you have picked and your bank/card provider.
Cryptocurrencies are treated very differently in various countries. While they receive favorable treatment in some parts of the world, others have moved to curtail or even ban their use and trade.
Please check your current country status in relation to cryptocurrency.
Cryptocurrenices are similar to e-money which means that they can face similar risks as classic e-payment systems. More concretely:
Users can be tricked into going to a phishing website which looks exactly the same as the original one. After entering their password (private key), all their assets are stolen. Please always verify the URL address of the website you are entering your private key; always verify any tempting offer you see and never trust any individual who is asking for your private key.
Hacking a payment gateway
- User address error. An error in the address to which the money transfer is made could cause loss of money. Example: the last digit of the address was not copied or was copied with a different letter/number, the money would disappear or be sent to another wallet. Those transactions are irreversible. Before sending, double-check the recipient’s address (at least check the first and last characters), the amount being sent, and the size of the associated fee.
- Loss/theft of a wallet file/ private key. Most users store their cryptocurrency wallet files/ private keys on their computers. Therefore, they can be stolen using malware or lost if the hard disk crashes. Please always keep a simple printed copy of your most sensitive wallet data as a backup on a secure place. You can also consider hardware wallet options such as TREZOR, Ledger Nano S.
- Insecure ICOs (Initial coin offerings). This type of fundraising called an ICO – Initial Coin Offering – has gained great popularity throughout the last year. What does it mean exactly? You send funds (most likely in another cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin and Ether) to a new Blockchain project to support its development and in return – you receive the corresponding amount of their currency (token). Where is the risk? You are never 100% assured to receive the promised, as the market is still not regulated enough. There is no guarantee that the project will succeed and the tokens you’ve bought will increase in value. Keep a cool head and make informed decisions when participating in an ICO, and don’t panic or hurry.
Note: This risk has nothing in common with Dentacoin, which has already had its ICO in 2017 and now the team is fully focused on development and global adoption.